Oily skin happens when the sebaceous glands in the skin makes too much sebum. Sebum is the waxy and oily substance that protects and hydrates the skin.
- Wash Regularly
Washing is important as it helps to remove dirt and impurities, it also helps to reduce the amount of oil on the skin.
Below are ways recommended for washing oily skin:
- Wash with gentle soap and Luke-warm water Eg CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, La Roche-Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser
- Stay off soaps with harsh chemicals, fragrances or anything that could irritate the skin Eg Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, Olay Gentle Foaming Cleanser
- Avoid rough washcloths, continuous exfoliating as this may stimulate the skin to make more oil.
Listed below are some medicated acne care products you could consider…
- Salicylic Acid – CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, Skin by Zaron Acne Control Wash
- Glycolic acid – Skin by Zaron Exfoliating and Hydrating Glow Face Wash
- Benzoyl peroxide – PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, Zapzyt Face Wash
Stay Tuned for more tips