Smoothies are a fantastic way to get an added punch of nutrients into your diet. Because smoothies are loaded with fruits and vegetables, they also tend to be loaded with fiber. This can help bridge the gap between your normal fiber intake and the USDA’s suggested fiber intake, lowering your risks of chronic illnesses and increasing your overall health. Here are some tips for making the perfect smoothie:
1) Always use fresh ingredients – You want to make sure that you’re using the freshest fruits and vegetables possible. Not only will this make sure that you’re getting all of those essential vitamins, but it will also help ensure that the flavor is what you want it to be!
2) Experiment with different types of fruits – This is another great way to try new things while still getting exactly what you want from your smoothie! If there’s something specific that you’d like in your drink but aren’t sure how it would work with other ingredients, just experiment with different combinations until finding one that works for both yourself AND your taste buds (trust us on this one!).
3) Don’t forget about herbs and spices! You
4) Add vanilla extract instead of vanilla powder (or vice versa). This will give you a sweet vanilla flavor without all the sugar!
5) Add some honey or maple syrup to make it sweeter.
6) Use yogurt instead of milk (or vice versa). You will get a thicker smoothie that won’t run out so fast!